Today, 1 April, is widely recognized and celebrated as a day where many people play all kinds of jokes and foolishness.
The day is marked by the commission of good humoured or funny jokes, hoaxes, and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, family members, teachers, neighbors, work associates, etc.
But unfortunately, unlike previous years, no one ever tried to tell jokes, hoaxes or surprised me today.
Maybe it is because people are too sick and tired with the so many funny, foolish, stupid and surprising things that have happened in our society recently, such as :
- The House of Representatives' refusal to investigate the Tax Mafia Case.
- The Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) leadership dispute
- The on-and-off Cabinet Reshuffle
- The unstable coalition government
- The House of Representatives' plan to build a very expensive new building
I hope that from now on there will not be to much fools in Indonesia, so that we can celebrate April Fool's Day again next year.