Monday, January 4, 2010

Firmanzah, the Youngest Dean

I used to think that the leaders of the prestigious University of Indonesia (U.I) are people who are at least 40 years old.

That's why I was surprised when I heard that Firmanzah, Phd. (32) was elected as the Dean of the Faculty of Economy of U.I last April.

After I read his biography, then I understand why Firmanzah has been chosen to take the job.

Firmazah was born in Surabaya, East Java, on 7 July 1976. After completing high school there, he moved to Jakarta and studied at the Faculty of Economy of U.I where he got Bachelor and Master degrees. In 2002, he got a scholarship to study at University of Pau et Pays de l’Adourin, France, and in 2005 he got his PhD. He has teach at the said university and others in France, the U.S.A and China.

Further, Firmanzah has written 20 scientific journals in Indonesia and abroad, among others "Autonomy Strategy in Subsidiary: Headquarter Control Perspective"; "Epistemology Debate in the Management Field: Critical Theory Perspective", Management Usahawan Indonesia (2004); "Menyoal Rasionalitas Pemilih: Antara Orientasi Ideologi dan ‘Policy-Problem-Solving’ Management Usahawan Indonesia (2005); Mengelola Partai Politik: Persaingan dan Positioning Ideologi Politik (2008).

On 14 April 2008, Firmanzah was elected as the Dean of the Faculty of Economy of U.I, beating his former lecturers who were much older than him.

For details, please click here, here, and here.

Considering the above and the fact that many lecturers from U.I became high ranking government officials, e.g Boediono, Sri Mulyani, etc., there is a big possibility for Firmanzah to play an important role in the future of Indonesia.

6 comments:

colson said...

Wow!

A really promising role model - for people in other realms as well.

Unknown said...

Colson,

He's got the quality for a leader.

priyank said...

nice blog...thanx for reading my posts... i am following your blog...

Unknown said...

Thank you my friend, I will follow you back.

Ouu said...

whoa...that is some impressive backgroud~

Unknown said...

MetroRimJ,

You are very right my friend.