Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blawgers are human beings

As a human being, I tend to get bored in doing the same things for a very long time. But for things that are related to my day job, my family and other important things, I would usually get my passion back quite easily.

One of the things that I have been doing very passionately for the last five months is blogging, for which purpose I have read/heard/watch news media & other blogs for inspirations. But considering that when I first created this blog I have limited the topics to the Laws and Regulations in Indonesia, I often face some sort of " Writer's Block" whereby I don't have idea what to write about.

In this regards, I have read an interesting posting by Robert Ambrogi in Law.com saying that it is usual for blawgers to face boredom. He even mentioned that two American Copyright Blawgers have ended their blawg. The first one was Google's Copyright Lawyer William Patry who ended his blog The Patry Copyright Blog last August, because his readers refused to separate him as Google's Lawyer and as a personal blawger. Besides, the present condition of Copyright Law is depressing him. Two months later, another Copyright Lawyer Keith Henning ended his blawg Copywrite for similar reason.

Considering the above, and the fact that I really love blogging, I have decided to expand the topic of my blog, thus not merely limited to the Laws and Regulations but include other matters related to the implementation of the laws e.g Politics, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you friend. I know that u r a legal practitioner but I don't think u shld limit your scope to something that close to you. Blogging is a personal thing, it's a passion, hobby, something that enjoy & most importantly it's not rocket science. :) Happy Blogging and have a great day. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ismail,
Thank you for your kind advice,
I really appreciate it.