Friday, February 26, 2010

Environment Award for Indonesia

The news media have been reporting about destruction of nature in Indonesia, such as Destruction of Ocean Coral and Mangrove Forests and Deforestation.
For this reason, I am very glad when I read the news in Tempointeraktif about Indonesia receiving an Environmental Award from the United Nations
I hope that this award will strengthen the government's will to implement the Environmental Protection and Management Law.
Award for Indonesia Sea Promotion
Thursday, 25 February, 2010 | 19:38 WIB 
TEMPO Interactive, Nusa Dua:Indonesia received the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Award at the opening of Global Environment Forum yesterday.  

Indonesia is considered to be successful in promoting sea management and the life source potentials in the sea.  

The award was provided by UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner and received directly by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.  

“This award will push us to be even better in managing the sea,” said the President.

ROFIQI HASAN



2 comments:

colson said...

Though taking into account deforestation, Freetown, Lapindo I have to admit the news was astonishing to me at first, thinking it over I guess it actually is both good news and well deserved.

A lot of environmental issues may still be really worrying but today the situation is better than yesterday and tomorrow the situation will be better than today.

Unknown said...

Colson,

I was also surprised when I read the news, but there's always exception.
" Every Cloud has a Silver Lining "